In India, most of the legal work happens based on documentation.
Whether you are buying a new home, buying a new bike, selling an old bike or even closing a loan, you are issued a letter by the respective authority confirming the same. Similar is the case when selling the bike or moving to a new city along with it. A bike owner when selling his bike or moving to a new city is required to produce a no objection certificate to register the bike in the new city or in the new owner’s name. The document is essential and it is the vehicle owner’s responsibility to avail the same from the concerned authority. Read on to know all about how to get NOC for a bike online.
No objection certificate for bike
When selling a bike or relocating with it to another city, you are required to avail a no objection certificate from the Regional Transport Authority and the bank stating that they have no objection over the details mentioned in the certificate. Moreover, when selling the bike, NOC has to be obtained from the bank stating the repayment of the loan. Whether it comes to selling the bike or registering it with a new RTO, in both cases, obtaining NOC is mandatory.
What is no objection certificate?
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, makes it mandatory for a bike owner to produce NOC from the old RTO to the new RTO for carrying out the bike registration process.
Producing NOC during transfer of vehicle ownership:
Transfer of ownership of the vehicle is possible in the below cases:
- Vehicle owner’s demise
- Vehicle auction
- Sale/purchase of the vehicle
To certify the authenticity of transfer of ownership of the vehicle, availing NOC from the old RTO is necesarry.
Re-registration of the vehicle:
This relates to the transfer of vehicle from one RTO to another in case of:
- If the bike owner is moving from one state to another
- If the bike owner is moving from one union territory to another
Documents required to get NOC for bike
The below list of documents have to be submitted to the RTO in case of transfer of bike ownership or re-registration of the vehicle:
- Form 28
- Registration certificate
- Bike insurance policy
- Road tax receipt
- Pollution under control certificate
- Engine and chassis number
- Signature identification
To avail NOC for bike from bank, below documents are required:
- Loan documentation
- Registration certificate
- Other documents required by the bank
How to apply for a NOC for a bike online?
Given below is the application procedure for bike NOC and RTO NOC
Application process for bank NOC
- Visit the bank’s website
- Login to net banking and download NOC online
You can also contact customer service of the bank to know the steps as each bank has a different process.
Application process for RTO NOC
Visit the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways website
- Select state and RTO
- Click on log on to avail services
- Click on application for no objection certificate
- Enter bike registration number and last five digits of the chassis number
- Click on validate registration number/chassis number
- Application form will be generated
- Enter bike insurance details in the form
- Enter new RTO state code and save
- Pay the application fee and get a receipt of the same
- Visit the respective RTO with NOC, fee payment receipt and supporting documents to process your request
In case you are selling the vehicle, it is necessary to get an NOC issued by the bank as without it, the RTO will not approve your NOC request. In case of transfer of vehicle, no bank NOC is required.